Manufacturability Engineer (Mechanical engineer, CNC technologist)
Уважаемые соискатели! Прежде чем откликнуться на эту позицию, ознакомьтесь внимательно с требованиями.
Мы будем вынуждены отказать кандидатам:
- Без высшего технологического образования в области машиностроения.
- Без релевантного опыта.
- Кандидатам с низким уровнем владения Английским и Немецким языками.
We are Xometry Europe (ex Shift): Xometry is the world's largest on-demand production platform that is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Our international network of over 4,000 production partners enables us to offer a wide range of processing technologies: CNC processing, sheet metal processing, 3D printing and others. Xometry's customers include BMW, Bosch, Dell Technologies, General Electric and NASA.
Our business model: By the efforts of our Sales and Marketing team we receive hundreds of orders for production every day - from individual metal products to spare parts for the world's leading electric car manufacturer. These orders are distributed through our network of manufacturing partners. Our Operational team monitors the execution and delivery to customers and payment control, resolves problem cases if they happen. And the majority of processes part of process are automated with our own IT platform combining features of Market Place, CRM and ERP. Thanks to its flexibility, speed and scalability, our model of decentralized production successfully competes with classic mechanical engineering companies. We are growing rapidly and expanding our business, both geographically and technologically.
We are looking for: Manufacturability Engineer who will strengthen our Operations team.
Ultimate goal of this role is to validate each new Production Order and make it ready to be released to production. To do so it is vitally important to make sure that all ordered parts are manufacturable within estimated time and budget and all appropriate technical requirements/ drawings/ CAD 3D models are cohesive and coherent. If issues identified this role is entitled to review price/deadlines, adjust requirements and renegotiate it with customers. Therefore it expects both extensive mechanical engineering expertise and fluent German and English (both oral and written).
- Perform complex review of all parts received with production orders (CNC Machining, Sheet Metal, 3D Printing):
- Drawings and CAD 3D model compliance review.
- Review part designs for manufacturing.
- Order Verification (including all notes and features called out in order to ensure match to any print/3D model provided by the customer including material, post treatment, geometry, tolerances, roughness, marking, inspection and certificate requirements etc.)
- Price and lead time validation (for automatically quoted parts).
- Discuss with Customers any discrepancies with regards to specification, price, or lead time and workout proper solution to keep the order.
- Formulate recommendations and explanatory comments for manufacturing partners to facilitate understanding of technical requirements if needed.
- Clean drawings and 3D models (remove customer name/labels), make corrections and explanatory remarks if needed.
- Reflection of performed activities and status updates in internal IT System for order management.
- Communication with clients, production partners and other partners involved in the project, in case of order-related issues.
- Efficient communication with other team members (engineers, sales, management).
A successful candidate characteristics:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in manufacturing or mechanical engineering design. Solid expertise in CNC Machining, Sheet Metal, Laser Cutting, 3D Printing as well as various post treatments.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Design is a must.
- Working knowledge, skills, and experience associated with manufacturing processes, engineering drawings requirements, mechanical and electrical inspection methods. Practical experience in CNC and/or 3D printing programming/ operation is a big plus.
- Advanced user of 2D and 3D CAD systems (Fusion 360 or analogs). Ready to learn quickly expanding his/her own expertise in IT systems and applied methods.
- Want to work in a fast growing business environment, ready to solve problems that differ from the base scenario and contribute in it’s own work optimisation. IT and digitalisation enthusiast, willing to actively use modern technologies and software.
- A goal-oriented self-starter, who can work independently, and can drive actions to completion with strong organisational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Can multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) + ability to manage up and to the side.
- German and English: you must be able to hold a confident verbal and written communication in these languages and have extensive vocabulary in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of other European languages would be a great benefit.
- Interesting work in a dynamic environment for world leaders in on-demand manufacturing and Industry 4.0. Friendly international team from Europe and overseas.
- Home office work (100% remote job), Sole proprietor contract (Контракт с Индивидуальным Предпринимателем (ИП)).
- 8-hour working day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Germany (GMT + 1).
- Salary based on the results of the interview.
- Quarter bonuses based on KPIs achieved.
KeyWords: manufacturing, mechanical engineering design, project management, manufacturing operations, CNC, 3D printing, on-demand Production, CNC technology, finishing, heat treatment processes, galvanic.